Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

So I turned my Starbucks cup around and it said “patience is a virtue”. Is it a message from God? That’s very weird because I actually do need patience, patience for life.

Ok, I've been here for 24 minutes; even the lady next to me picked up a guy. She seems to be in her late 30’s and the guy in his late 40’s, Its funny to listen to their conversations…there are like two teenagers stuck in the bodies of adults. I guess love really has no age. This place seems to be pretty full and all I can see are couples walk in, get their coffee and walk right out back into the cold. It feels kind of like Christmas without the carols. People with jackets, sweaters, hats, scarves and even gloves. And that’s pretty rare in South Florida. Groups of little girls walk in gossiping about their Friday night at the movies with the boys from their classroom. Tall cups of hot, very hot coffee and the smell of fresh baked pastries, Now the soon-to-be couple are discussing her blackberry, while she says she cant live without it. Well none of my friends call me back, I’m not going to the movies alone!
Why can't today be one of those days like in the movies. Where the girl goes to the coffee shop to be alone , while thinking about how she is not completely happy with her life right now. And how she just wants to meet a cute, witty guy to sweep her off her feet. Making her feel smart and beautiful. (I cant believe the lady next to me used the phrase “you can take the girl out of the trailer park but you cant take the trailer park out of the girl” stupid stupid move). Anyway, back to my daydreaming…that’s really all I want, someone to make me happy. I’m waiting for a major change, I thought maybe moving to New York I could get that big change I wanted. But since there was a huge change of plans, I don’t know what’s going to happen to me…Miami is full of people, but I’m tired, tired of everything here, I need more surprises! I need excitement! This sucks.


Okay so things might be turning around…I got to another starbucks (I don’t know what the hell I was doing at the other one! Full of tourists!!!) So I’m sitting outside, and its freezing, but at the table next to me there is this very cute guy!! Jeez! I don’t know how to talk to him, maybe he is waiting for someone!? He should be , this guy is very cute! And he is reading a book, NOT looking at himself in the mirror, like all the guys I know.
Hmmmm, the tables are next to each other, but not close enough to start small talk, like “wow its cold”, or “hey, what you reading cutie” NOOOO I could never say that, “cutie”. I will shoot myself if I do. I should say “hey, you know right across the street they are selling all the flowers you can grab for a dollar, you should get some for your girlfriend – Oh, you don’t have one, wow! You should you’re HOT!” Hahahaha, yeah, I would never say that either; sounds really good in my head though. Wow, he just came and asked me what time it was, I was a total ass and he just left. I am a wuss once again. This sucks.

No comments: